Ever had those moments when you sheepishly admit you don’t know how to do something you should know how to do? A lady admitted she struggles showing affection to her husband and kids. Her thinking didn’t naturally go there due to being raised in a family that didn’t show much affection. She needed to be taught how to find little moments to meet her family’s affection needs.
Small affectionate moments can have a big ripple affection in your relationship. When we show affection to our husbands, they feel noticed, respected, and cherished. Taking time to show simple gestures of affection tells your husband that he is more important than any other man in your life and vise vasa. If he is your special someone, your actions should show that he gets special treatment.
Showing affection doesn’t have to be hard or complicated. If you need some ideas of simple ways to show your husband affection, here are a few places to start:
- Kiss for more than 5 seconds
- Sit by him on the couch. Touch produces the ‘love hormone’ oxytocin. It’s good for both of you!
- Touch feet while in bed
- Give a love pat when you walk by
- Initiate sex- the way he wishes you would.
- Text him a kind message about something you admire about him for no reason or better yet- write him a love letter
- Rub his shoulders when he’s stressed
- Scratch his back
- Leave him a note in a unique place, may be even make it a scavenger hunt
- Buy him a simple gift that says you know him and are thinking of him—gum, coffee, his favorite candy bar. Let him know you thought of him when you saw it.
- Smile at him when he’s not expecting it
- Greet him at the door when he gets home with a warm welcome
- Tell him why you are proud of him
- Check him out from head to toe and be sure that he catches you doing it.
- Have a thank you party and celebrate all things you are thankful for about him
- Make him belly laugh
- Play and be silly together—maybe a Nerf gun war or snowball fight
- Create a time where you can just be still together
- Start and end the day with a kiss
- Participate in his favorite hobby—and don’t complain if you don’t like it
These are simple and just take you being intentional. Most don’t cost a thing! So ladies, show your husband you notice him today. And husbands, show your wife you notice her today.